Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Win, Win Situation

Early Monday morning I'll be in surgery, so, obviously, I won't be posting anything for few days.  The truth is that I may never have the opportunity to share with you on this site again.  Yes, that risk is there.

There are two ways of looking at the possible outcomes.  One possibility is that I don't survive.  I can tell you now, sincerely, that that outcome is okay with me.  God has forgiven my sins and given me eternal life through Jesus Christ.

If I survive, and I fully expect to, that's alright, too.  Romans 8:28 (KJV) promises that "all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."  I believe He has a purpose for me (and you) in either living or dying.

Putting it simply, if I die, I get to be with Jesus.  If I live, Jesus stays with me.  ("I'll never leave you, nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5b)  In today's vernacular, that's a win, win situation.  In Jim's vernacular, "Ain't God good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment