Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AN ORGANIZED PRAYER PLAN?

Every day that God grants me life and breath, I am learning of more reasons to pray.  There is hardly a thought that passes through my mind that does not present more people, individuals and groups, with occasions and events that need God's help.  With those needs for God's help, there is the overwhelming need for someone to lift them up to Him.  I sincerely want to be a part of that solution.

I have read--and, in all probability, so have you--of the great prayer warriors of the Bible.  To name a few--Moses, the great intercessor for the Israelites;  David, writer of prayer Psalms as well as praise Psalms;  Paul, who taught "pray without ceasing" (I Thessalonians 5:17); or James, half brother of Jesus, who taught "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man, availeth much" (James 5:16b KJV).  In more recent history, there is Hudson Taylor, David Brainerd or E. M. Bounds.  But, reading about and being inspired by others is not enough.  We need to be pray-ers, too.

This is the purpose of my blog today.  I no longer can rely on my mind to jog my memory of all the requests for prayer that come to me.  I need to pray about the events of the world, the earthquakes, the wars, etc.  I need to remember the sick, the hungry, the lost and on and on.  My praying needs to be specific, consistent and regular.

I am in need of a more organized method for daily praying, in addition to personal devotions.  So, I am appealing to you for ideas.  If you have a method, or system, that helps you with this, please comment, email, facebook message me or even call me.  My profile should give you ample ways to get in touch with me.

As ideas are presented and are developed into a workable plan, I promise to share with you.  I'm retired, so I know I have more time than many of you.  There are mothers out there who have little personal time.  There are dads who worked long and hard before getting home to family needs, like yard work and maintenance on house and equipment.  The demands on our time, the tensions on our minds or the pressures that press on us from every direction--all show that we need help--if, indeed, we are going to pray as we should.

If you have ideas, share them, please!!


If you have an organized method for praying that you have developed, let us in on it!!


God know our needs, as well as the whole world's, before we pray.  But, in His Divine wisdom, He has chosen to use man to pray for man in His supplying the needs of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment