Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SHARING MY LIST

My last posting was entitled "New Year's Revolutions."  How are your revolutions going?  What real changes have you decided to make in your life or in the world around you where you have an impact?

The list I have made is surprisingly short.  Not that I have only a little that needs changing.  A very long list could be made of "revolutions" that I need to start.  But, the truth is, I accomplish more when I focus more specifically.

Lately, over the past few months, I have been studying and researching the prayer life of Jesus while He was on earth.  I am convinced that nothing will get more done than prayer, according to His teachings and examples.  So, the first item on my list of "revolutions" is a change in my prayer life.. Number two, is to share my study and research on the prayer life of Jesus with you, perhaps via this blog, a book (at least a booklet), or through personal example.  But, more on this later as the study goes.

Peter was with Jesus closely as one of the twelve and, even more so, as one of the inner circle of Peter, James and John.  Therefore, he was able to see the example Jesus left.  Yet, he was the biggest vacillator in the whole crowd, up and down, up and down.  After the coming of the Holy Spirit to give power and guidance, Peter wrote in I Peter 2:21b that Christ left "us an example, that ye should follow his steps." (KJV)  If Jesus left us an example that we should follow His steps, it follows then that we should leave for others an example of the life (and habits) that Jesus left.  His example of prayer is my greatest need for revolution in my life.

Father, You tore the vail into from top to bottom that I might come to the throne of grace boldly.  Help me to take full advantage of the means You provided to keep me in touch with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment