Wednesday, August 15, 2012

NOT ABOUT WRITING

For several days I have been praying that God would help me with my writing skills.  I so desperately want to be used to help others with this blog.  It dawned on me, in the middle of last night's sleep, that this endeavor was not to be about capable or excellent writing.

Simply put, the whole idea is that I am just one Christian who is sharing the lessons and the blessings which God gives me.  As I read His Word and strive to live the life He teaches me, my responsibility is to share them in every way and at every opportunity.  Once I have shared, then I must step back and let the Holy Spirit use it as only He can.

In my devotional reading yesterday from the Book of the Acts, chapters two and three, I was again impressed with the phenomenal growth of the early church.  However, last night I was reminded of how this came about.
Read Acts 2:42-47.


  1. "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and prayer."
  2. "All the believers were together and had everything in common......They gave to anyone as he had need."
  3. "They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God..."
  4. "And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
The first three above discusses their devotion to the teaching of the Word, their praying, their sharing with others and having fellowship with them, and praising God.

The last of these verses shows the results ..."the Lord added."

When we do our parts and trust God with the results, He is always faithful to do His part, that is, what He wills.

This may (or may not) mean phenomenal growth in numbers.  It may (or may not) mean that the results are what we expected.  But, it will always mean that God is glorified and the church (the fellowship of believers) will be edified.

Lord, keep me devoted to the teaching of Your Word, to praying, to sharing with others, to praising You for Who You are and trusting You to provide for all the results You decide we need.

Join me in sharing what God has done (or is doing) for you.  You can help by sharing this blog with your friends and contacts.

Your comments will be appreciated.  Share them in the space below.  



2 comments:

  1. Love this...God sure has a way of teaching us in the midst of us helping others!!! He is so Good!!! Love your 'teachings' and sharing!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful for my "learnings" and the ability to share them. Thank you for your observations and comment.

      Delete