Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NO MORE EXCUSES

During the course of the past year there have been an unbelievable number and degree of changes in my life and my family's life style.  Those changes have made continuing this blog difficult, to say the least.  Probably the most difficult is dealing with all the excuses that pop up every where.

  • EXCUSES are not reasons.  Excuses are simply our means of justifying our actions.  Read Luke 14:16-24, the parable of the great supper.  The invitees began to "make excuses."  They had no reason not to attend so they made up excuses.  Most of us are adept at making excuses.  They "pop up every where."       Lord, forgive me for becoming so able and willing to make excuses--and even for having actions that need excusing.
  • REASONS are realistic, rational grounds of explanation and defense.  Read Romans 12:1.  Paul pleads with the Romans to become "living sacrifices" to God based on His mercies to us.  He explains that doing so is our "reasonable service."  Lord, help me to base my actions on "reasonable service" to You for Your mercies.  I owe all that I have, I am, or I could be, to You, since it all came from You to begin with.                                                                                                          
  • It is my solemn obligation to God to share His love in any way and by any means, including this blog, with all who will receive it.
  • I sincerely ask that you read these thoughts and share them with your friends, contacts and followers.
  • Your comments below are appreciated.
  • Your prayers are earnestly coveted.


No comments:

Post a Comment